Saturday, December 03, 2005
I'm home for the weekend at the moment. Partly to allow a nice sit down by a real fire with a good book or three, partly in hope of pampering by a loving family (fat chance...I never learn) and partly in hope of early Birthday presents from said family. I was shocked to see the ghastly Hate Mail in the house. My mother decided that she wanted the free DVD that came with it, and moved from her usual Torygraph. She just lacks the moral calibre to resist, the rag's giving away a Blondie CD (do they know anything about Debbie herself?) on Sunday, and as much as I would like it, I'll resist. Needless to say, as I burnt the paper, a little bit of evil escaped (as a matter of fact, I was supprised to see that some of the flames were green... not sure what that was), and the house felt that little bit better.
I got The Handmaids Tale on Friday, and although it's a cliche to say so, I couldn't put it down. I'll be lending it to Bridget in the near future, as it's an interesting take on the potential of the Talebangelvist type people thatI'm watching 'Preachers to be' at the moment, Monawar Hussain stands out as a great person, and Mandy the Anglican's nice. Talking about Anglicans, Tony raises an interesting issue in regards to the civil partnership here. I've almost decided on the new links that I'll put up. Currently reading up for my Islamic Doctrine essay.
Watch this space...